In the last five years CanPrint has installed the latest digital printing technology from Océ, Konica Minolta, Xerox and Hewlett Packard (HP). Our most recent installation was two HP Indigo 5500’s which have further increased our digital capacity.
Our equipment is suitable for a wide variety of work including the capability to print on stocks from 45 gsm to 350 gsm with colour options or black on white. This wide range of paper stocks increases the variety of jobs we can digitally print from Bibles to presentation folders.
- Two Indigo 5500 digital presses, which are capable of printing offset quality work with the flexibility of using a digital press due to the use of ink rather than toner. Thicker paper stocks can be used through the Indigo presses and larger sheet sizes can be used. They are also determined to have a greater colour consistency than other digital presses.
Paper size: 330mm x 482mm maximum
Image size: 317mm x 450mm maximum
- The Vario Stream 7450 digital press is a reel-fed web press capable of printing on various stocks ranging from 30 gsm to 160 gsm, with the capability of printing 880 A4 pages per minute. The system was purchased to specifically handle lightweight stocks and bridges two traditionally segregated environments — variable data transactional printing and short-run publication printing applications.
- The Océ 6320 is a digital perfecting press which prints 320 A4 pages a minute.
- The Xerox Nuvere 144 is a traditional cut sheet laser printer, which prints 144 A4 pages per minute.
- The Océ 2110 is a traditional cut sheet laser printer, which prints 110 A4 pages per minute.
- Two Xerox 700 colour printers with inline collating, folding and stitching.
- The Xerox 1000 colour copier has been installed in response to customer demand for offset image equivalent print quality in short run work. The Xerox 1000 colour printer has been installed in response to customer demand for fast turnaround, short run digital work with image quality equivalent to offset print. When compared with other similar Digital solutions, the Xerox 1000 was determined to offer a sharp, vibrant image quality with the added benefit of uniformity throughout every job. The 1000 also has a range of inline finishing options to increase the efficiency and speed of work. The clear dry ink option further enhances print vibrancy on colour work.
- The Tachoplus TC-5500 Digital Book Binder was recently installed to ensure that we are able to respond efficiently to our client’s requirements fast turnarounds for perfect bound digitally produced documents. We are now able to bind documents up to A4 in size and 45mm in thickness as soon as they come off the press, ready to be dispatched.